Monday, April 24, 2006

Fire!

Yesterday(23 Sun.) there was a fire. It happened in very near place from my home. I was so surprised.

When it occured, I was playing with children. Then I heard a siren. Looking out of the window, I saw a ambulance and fire engine. But the cars slowed down. I wondered why they didn't rush to the spot.
Then one of the children said "Look! There is a smoke!!" "Smoke!?" I looked up the sky. There was a brown smoke. And the room we were smelled something burning. I hurried along other window and saw black smoke billowing.
I never expected to encounter a fire on such a near place. It was less than 80m.
Some of child was frightened at the site and howled. So we directed children to go home. But some of them stayed to see it. There were many other onlookers.
About 20 minutes later, the fire was put out. But unfortunately a old woman died in it.
Then it came to light that there was a house of my friend across the road from the fire place. So I phoned her. When I did it, it had passed some minutes. However her voice had been trembling and upset. I was shocked a little. Because she is usually very cheerful. But it was natural response.

By the way, we will have group talking in next class. Let's enjoy it! See you!

No comments: