Sunday, July 09, 2006

Visiting a buried cultural properties center

Hi! How are you doing?? Are you enjoying your weekends?

Yesterday I visited Inakadate village with a friend for archaeology homework.
Inakadate has a great buried cultural properties of Yayoi era.
The remains of paddy fields. Before this remains were found, most of archaeologist thought there was no Yayoi era in northern tohoku area. That was a really big finding. The center was really good. The most interesting thing was that we could walk on the Yayoi ground!! And you can see footprints of Yayoi people. Isn't that so interesting?

And we also visited a museum which shows paintings, old fariming tools, old furnitures and so on. That was interesting too. We had really good time. I loved the center a lot.

But... there are not so many people who visit this center which holds great remain, a staff sighed. The problem is... there were no signs or information for the center! And there is a big 'Michino-Eki' in front of that, so people never notice the center.
If you are interested in archaeology, please visit Inakadate and have a look!

2 comments:

ぷてな said...

http://www.vill.inakadate.aomori.jp/maizou/
I think this is a homepage of the center, isn't it?
I wonder why footprints could be remained?

Professor Philips said...

Thank you for the information.

I am very interested in archaeology. My Master's degree professor was an archaeologist. I put a picture I took of him in Africa on the web.

I wish I had known you were interested in archaeology. You might have enjoyed studying about African archaeology in my seminar.