Monday, May 17, 2010

After watching "The Color Purple"

Movie, " The Color Purple" impressed me so much. After watching this, I could know how was the women's position at that time. I thought Celie's life was not good because she was treated as like a slave. In contrast, her sister Nettie was in the good position. For example, Nettie could go to school and have good education. Also, she couldn't have to have children with her father who was not her real father in fact. I mean Nettie had lots of difficulties in her life of course. However, comparing to Celie, Nettie could have better life than Celie. Well, I don't know what kind of life is the best. That depends on you.

Moreover, I was interested in Shug, who was singer in this movie. She is so powerful, sexy, and outgoing. But she had also many tough things in her life.

In sum, this movie lets me think about women's position and women's independence like Celie. I want to see this movie again, then I can understand more deeply!

Mifuru.

No comments: