Monday, May 10, 2010

questions about the color purple

Thank you for putting on nice picture and the author's interview, Mr. Philips.



We watched this movie until the part that Shug came back from her tour to Albert's place.

So far, I have some parts I did not understand in the movie.



First, I did not really get the first part around when Celie was giving birth to her baby. After that, a guy (her father?) took her girl away. Why did he do that? Was he going to give the baby to other people? Also was she raped by her father? If so, that's too horrible...



Second, Conversation between Celie's father and Albert at a scene which Celie's father visited Albert was difficult for me. I just could not understand what they were talking about.



Third, Nettie could read but Celie could not. I think that's why Nettie went to school. so why Celie could not go to school?



Questions about the color purple is that's all so far.


I'm looking forward you to explaining about my questions!

Ayumi

1 comment:

yuya said...

I have the same question as Ayumi has.(#3)
Why can one read and the other can't?
The father prefer Nettie?