Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Question and comment for BLUES BROTHERS

Hi!I'm Sachiyo.
Did you enjoy today's English class movie BLUES BROTHERS? I really enjoyed it. I have some questions and comment about it.

Questions
1 Who is the lady tried to kill Jake and Elwood? Why she have to kill them?
2 At the car chase, why the brothers dicided to crash into the shopping mall?Why Elwood is good at driving a car?
3 At their first concert, why there is the wire netting in foront of the performer? Is it popular in U.S? Why did the audience throw bottles?

I have many favorite characters, Matt's wife, sister, Ray and of course brothers.
I want to see it all as soon as possible. But actually I couldn't understand jorkes in it. Why don't we have a class about how to understand American jokes? It is probably interesting!

1 comment:

Professor Philips said...

1. I can't tell you. You find out later in the movie. Does anyone recognize the actress, though? She was in an even bigger movie.

2. Crashing into the mall was the only way out of the parking lot that avoided the police. Wow, are they in trouble now!

3. The chicken wire? They are performing at a very rural low class bar where the people don't like the kind of music they usually play.

A class on American humor? Wow, that's a complicated topic. Many of our best comedians have either been Jewish or British, but John Belushi (and of course his litter brother Jim) are Albanian. Then, too, humor changes so much over time, and so much American humor is ethnic. I'd like to explain the jokes in this movie, and I'm sure you got some of them, but if you explain a joke it's not funny. Anyway, just ask about anything you didn't understand in the movie.