Monday, July 22, 2013

About the dance party in the movie `Little Women`.

As I was watching the movie `Little Women` in the class, I noticed few soldiers were in the dance party with other gentlemen and ladies. I thought that only high-society people could attend that kind of dance party, but the soldiers were not even a commissioned officer, they were sergeant and corporal according to their chevron on sleeve. So now, my question is that were anyone allowed to join that kind of party or not.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

unfortunately, I don't even realize there were soldiers at that ball.
And I don't have an idea what kind of ball was that.. maybe you could explain to us about that sir,or anyone..of course..

Professor Philips said...

It was a rather formal party. I also didn't notice there were non-coms among the attendees. I'm sorry but I'm unable to tell you if that's an anachronism or not.