Friday, April 18, 2014

Hello, my name is Kyoauke Machida

 Hello, my name is Kyosuke Machida. In this term I take Advanced English class, then startd use the blogger! I have to post a disucussing topic here, but first of all, I introduce my self.
 I was born in Aomori and have lived here for 20 years. Since junior high school student, I have played basketball. My hobby is playing basketball and reading "Manga" ! I work at Izakaya "Za Watami". So please come to there when you wanna drink !

 Next I post a topic about English education in japan. Students are worried about making mistakes in English. Who is responsible for instilliing in students this fear of making mistakes? teacher? students? system of how to teach english? I'm going to post a link of this topic. This news says that this problem is a teacher's fault. is it really only teacher's responsibility?

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/community/2014/01/10/our-lives/teachers-must-nurture-critical-thinking-confidence-in-english-for-a-shot-at-2020-goals/#.U1C8GqyKDcs

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think there is also problems on the teaching system in Japan to teach English because many high schools and universities measure reading and listening skills much more than listening and writing when they give examinations like entrance exams, mid-term exams and final exams.

Therefore, teachers tend to teach how to read articles and how to listen to conversations which include typical phrases.

That's why, students also tend to learn reading and listening mainly. So, they can't respond if they face with unexpected phrases.

I don't think only teachers have responsibility for this problem.