Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hello! This is HARUNA

Hi! this is Haruna.
Shun did great job on this blog first, so i will follow him and introduce myself.
i am from Mutsu city. you guys must know an actor Kenichi Matsuyama. he is also from Mutsu.
i am a senior and now i prepare for my graduation thesis. i'll write it on Merchant of Venice, Shakespere. i know it must be tough...
i like reading, painting, going to karaoke, and so on. you know, i am not the outdoor person! i want to have a private library someday in the future. i love books as i have such a dream seriously!
what i want to do in this advanced english class is to speak english and train to think in english. i think it will be tough but i should try it!
i hope this introduction will help you know about me. anyway, i am glad to meet you!

by the way, we have to pick up some topics and make some groupes for debates, right?
how shoud we make it??

2 comments:

Professor Philips said...

Have you seen the 2004 film of "The Merchant of Venice" with Al Pacino as Shylock? I have a copy. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379889/

haruna said...

Yes I have! I've seen it in my seminor. That movie emphasized Jewish discrimination,I thought.
I can't forget a scene that Shylock said,"Hath not a Jew eyes?..." I felt so sorry for him to hear this speech.
So,for me,"The Merchant of Venice" is not a comedy. I want to watch another "The Merchant of Venice" next time.