Sunday, June 03, 2012

Hobbies?

It can be difficult when I think about my hobbies. During the school period, I do not have enough time to enjoy doing something else other than my study. The other day, I "managed" to make some time to watch American TV series called 'Medium'. I quite liked it. Besides this series I also like to watch the Big Bang Theory. I have finished watching all the episodes but I watch some of them again. The main character, Sheldon Cooper is nerdy and sometimes he speaks really fast so it can be a good practise for my listening skill. I can learn academic vocabulary as  well, since he is a physicist and works for a university.

I also like to wonder about languages. This is something related to my study and often for my assignment but it is quite fun for me to do so. Recently I had been thinking how strange the Japanese word 'toumorokoshi (corn)' is. I have noticed that in classical Japanese texts, the word 'morokoshi' means the Chinese Tang dynasty, but also 'tou' means Chinese Tang dynasty. Therefore I thought it was interesting word.

However, when I have spare time, I do enjoy other things like, creating websites with HTML, drawing, painting, listening to music, singing, dancing, travelling, and reading.


No comments: