Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Report

To my group member

I went to Auckland in NZ for 6 weeks in this spring vacation. I studied English in the language school of AUT and went sightseeing in the weekend.
First, I'll tell you about the school. Most students are from Asia, but some students are from Europe and South America. Chinese and Korean are the majority.
There are about 10 students in each class. In class, we study and practice all kinds of skills -4skills, vocaburaly and grammar. Although my English was never improved, it was a very good experience that I studied English with different nationality people. I learned many things from them. But communication in English was not easy. It was really hard to understand their pronunciation. They don't pronunce like native speaker of course, but it is different from Japanese English pronunciation. It happens many times that I misunderstood what they said and they misunderstood what I said. Communication was one of the problem.
Next, I'll introduce the place I visited. I went to Sky Tower which is the highest building in the sourthern hemisphere. I saw a beutiful night view. It was amazing!!
I went to the museum, aquarium, zoo and so on. Every places were really nice.
Auckland has a lot of beaches and volcanoes. I went to almost every beaches near my home. The sea is very beautiful. I climbed the big volcano called Rangitoto on the last day. It took over 1 hour to reach the top. I was tired but the view from the top was great!!
There are many things to see or to do in Auckland. Auckland is the best place I've ever visited!
I had a really good time in Auckland.

No comments: